In our catchment area, we have six feeder primary schools which are:
• Newport Primary School
• Gilberdyke Primary School
• Eastrington Primary School
• Howden Junior School
• Bubwith Primary School
• Barmby on the Marsh Primary School
East Riding of Yorkshire Council allocate places to our school in line with their co-ordinated admission scheme, as follows:
• Children who are looked after by a local authority and children who were previously looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order.
• Children who live in the school’s designated catchment area.
• Children who have a sibling attending the school in Years 7, 8, 9 or 10.
• Children who attend the school’s named feeder primary schools since the beginning of Year 3.
• Children who live closest to the school.
Admission to Year 7
If you would like to apply for a place for your child, starting in Year 7, then you will need to complete an application and submit this to East Riding of Yorkshire Council. The deadline for applications is 31 October 2018. The Local Authority contact all applicants to notify them of their allocated on 1 March 2019.
At the beginning of the Autumn Term, we hold an annual Year 6 Open Evening where prospective parents/carers and children are invited to meet our staff, take part in curriculum activities and receive a presentation from the Headteacher providing key information about Howden School.
In Year Admissions
All applications for in year admissions should be directed to East Riding of Yorkshire Council’s School Admission Team. Further information is available on their website.
If the school is oversubscribed then it follows ERYCs admissions protocol.