Winter Grant Scheme - ERYC
The Winter Grant Scheme is accepting new applications until 28 February 2021
Winter Grant Scheme
East Riding of Yorkshire Council have received funding to support those most in need with the cost of food, energy (Heating, cooking, lighting), water bills (including sewerage) and other essentials over the winter months.
To be eligible for the grant, parents/guardian must meet the criteria below:
- Be in receipt of a benefit which entitles you to free school meals
- Have claimed universal credit since 23 March and whose income is less than £16,000 annually
Where an applicant is successful, they will receive:
- £45.00 for food per child
- £30.00 per household for utilities
- Where an application is submitted for essential items, this will be determined on a case by case basis. The Council will not award grants where funds are no longer available to do so.
Many parents/guardians have already received funding from the scheme, but we are aware that some have still not received this funding. Applications for the grants are open from 15 February 2021 and will close 28 February 2021. This is for new applicants only and not for parents/guardians who have already received a payment.
To check if you are eligible and to make a claim visit www.eastriding.gov.uk/housing/housing-benefit-and-council-tax-support/coronavirus-benefits-and-financial-support. I you cannot make this claim yourself, please call 01482 393939 and a member the Council will assist you.