On this page you will find all the relevant information regarding your transition process into Year 7. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you all in September!
Welcome to our Year 6 Transition page where you can access resources and information about the transition from Primary to Secondary School. We recognise that the move from Primary School to Secondary School is a big one - often for parents and carers as much as for the students. Our positive and well-established links with Primary Schools in the local area and beyond will allow us to create a seamless transition for your child, ensuring that students entering Year 7 settle in quickly and with ease. We also have an effective pastoral system where we have dedicated members of staff who will look after your child throughout their school life every step of the way.
Late May/Early June
- Visits to all our feeder primaries.
- Online TEAMS meetings with students from non-feeder primary schools
- SENCO visits to feeder primaries.
- Welcome to your House postcards sent to all pupils.
- East Riding Music Service are running an event at Howden for all Musicians.
July 10 - July 14
- Transition week at Howden School.
- 6pm Meet the tutors. Evening for Parent/Carers.
July 24 - 26
- Summer School starting at 10.00am and finishing at 2.00pm, places are limited. More information to follow.
- Term starts at Howden School
You will be expected to bring all the equipment shown below to every lesson. This is your responsibility as a student of Howden School.
- Blue/black pen
- Red pen
- Purple pen (these will be provided by school, initially)
- Glue stick
- Scientific calculator
- Water bottle
- Reading book
- Mini whiteboard and pen (these will be provided by school, initially)
To complete a 2023 Admission form, please click here.